Fission is audio software developed by Rogue Amoeba Software Inc. for creating fast edits and converting audio formats. Designed with simplicity, Fission is a speed audio editing program that prevents loss of quality, supporting FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) files. With Fission you can maintain the best quality in the smallest size, and have the ability able to share music files. Once you have an audio creation, you can publish it on SoundCloud.
With intuitive workflow and lossless features, Fission has been recognized with more than a dozen awards, including the Eddy Award Winner and the Mac Gem of the Year, both from Mackworld Magazine. Fission plays any popular file format. You can import your music directly from iTunes and edit to remove unwanted portions of the song or advertising. Create a ringtone for your iPhone, or split a long audio file in to small chapters to podcast. If you have an old Vinyl music recording, you can separate the songs with the Split Points function or the Smart Split automatic tool.
How to use
Fission offers classic and precise editing functions, with some advances such as gain adjustment, normalization of the entire file, introduction of fade in and fade out to smooth transitions between songs, the introduction of track information, plus more. Fission's interface offers all the functions in the same window, with simple clicking utilities, drop-down menus and drag capabilities.
Create a ringtone for your iPhone, or split a long audio file in to small chapters to podcast
Fission enables the simultaneous file use and batch processing. If you need to work on multiple audio files once, each file corresponds to a single window. This allows for batch conversion or the batch transcode process. Fission includes an ideal function to create podcasts, by organizing AAC records into chapters. Smart Split is an automatic tool that recognizes silences and makes a file separation at those points.
Fission 2.2 Features
Below, you can view the most relevant features of Fission 2.2:
- Basic, simple, but with precise editing functions. Split, cut & paste, crop and trim audio files
- Offers batch processing and supports multiple audio files working simultaneously
- Save your work in Fission in a small size in order to share your creation with SoundCloud
- Supports most popular formats, even WAV, Apple, QDesign, Shorten or Monkey’s Audio
- Export to other formats; if your file is one kind of format, you can export it to another format, even as an iPhone ringtone
- Split long audio files or separate by chapters. Whether it´s converting an old vinyl recording or making a podcast, Fission offers tools like Smart Split and Split Points to make easy divisions
- Lossless format. This download supports FLAC files and it doesn’t need to re-encode AAC and MP3 files, maintaining the file’s original quality
- Add track info. With Fission you will be able to update ID3 information in tabs, as well as lyrics and artworks
- Fission is compatible with the recording app Audio Hijack Pro, and with cue sheets
For more information about this software before you download it, feel free to check the developer’s website .
The minimum system requirements for the correct download and installation of Fission are the following:
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 or later (64 bit)
- Processor: Intel of 1.6 GHz
- RAM Memory: 1 GB
- HDD Space: 14.7 MB of free space