Virtual DJ is very flexible mixing software developed by Atomix Productions. It is accessible, versatile and uses cutting-edge technology, with which you will be able to get very professional results. With the versions: LE, Broadcaster, Home, PRO Basic and PRO Full, you will be able to experience the levels of difficulty as you progressively become a professional DJ . Since it's release 10 years ago, Virtual DJ Home is now the free version of this very popular DJ program.
With Virtual DJ you can start as a beginner, working with the mouse and speakers, then with a little more experience you can introduce more elements in to the configuration; with a 4.1 soundcard, a mixer or a DJ Controller. The Broadcaster, PRO Basic and PRO Full versions, allow you even to transmit your session.
As a minimum, the LE version of Virtual DJ has a Multi-Deck, allowing you to work with up to 99 decks simultaneously. Each deck has its own settings for pitch, effects, EQ, loops, gain controls and automatic BPM synchronization, to sync and adjust the lower decks. Add sounds with Sampler option, effects and record your session.
How to use
The main window of Virtual DJ shows the explorer, which you can use to choose the tune you want to be a deejay with. It gives you a browser with which you can make a specific search by name too. To start listening to a playlist, just drag and drop a song on to a deck and it will be ready to be played.
In the main window there is a timeline that shows a waveform with drum graphics
In the larger part of the main window of Virtual DJ, there is a timeline that shows a waveform with drum graphics. In the LE Version, this window is divided into two decks. Any deck is equipped with basic player buttons and cuts, and in the middle of each one, there is another graphic that shows the whole wave form of the song.
Even if you are a beginner and just work with the mouse, you can scratch with the Disc on the deck. Change the number of the drum beats per minute, r use the pitch fader for setting the tone for the entire mixture. Synchronize the rhythm of 2 songs using the Sync button. If you want to connect a DJ Controller, Virtual DJ supports several external devices, but if your controller is not on the list, you will be able to map it or look for the map for free online.
Virtual DJ 7.4.1 Features
These are some of the features of this software:
- Line-In Inputs. Connect analog devices or live instruments to a deck to control it.
- Rewire Support. Link software to a deck and apply additional effects due it is compatible with any Rewire app.
- Genius DJ. It is a special service for premium membership, and it is to download music based on a collection of existing songs or based on your mixing behavior.
- New Audio Engine with great quality. For example, Advanced Master Tempo gives a sound that's clear, even at extreme pitch change, and Pure Scratch gives a high-fidelity scratch emulation.
- Database Management. Organize and clean your library with ID3 tags, which allow you to move information, to change or to rename it in batches.
- DJ Controller Support. Virtual DJ 7 comes with more than 80 default installers for most popular brands of controllers. If you need, you can create a “definition” for any HID or MIDI controller, easily, using XML syntax. You will find free help for this on the developer’s website.
- VDJScript Language. It is a new language that lets you control your software: mappers, skins, keyboard shortcuts, etc.
- Netsearch, surf using the Internet to find the song you're looking, or if you can stream it from Internet music, as well as using underground tracks or specific remixes.
- MusicGroups is a social network that syncs your playlist to MusicGroup and analyzes your likes, making suggestions in relation to your other DJ playlists
- Timecode Engine. With new modes as noisemap.
- Skin Engine. Several new elements, like ResizeZones, ScratchWaves, etc.
- Video Engine includes more video codecs. The engine has been optimized and is 15% faster
- Unicode Compatibility, no matter the language
If you want know more about this software before you download it, check the developer’s website .
The minimum system requirements for a correct download and installation of Virtual DJ PRO Full are as follows:
- Operating System: Windows XP, Service Pack 3 (64Bit)
- Processor: Intel Pentium IV
- RAM Memory: 512 MB
- Sound Card: Sound Card compatible with DirectX
- HDD Space: 50 MB