Live, known as Ableton Live, is audio software developed by Ableton and designed to capture music ideas. It is available in 3 versions, which differ in the amount of characteristics and effects included: Intro, Standard and Suite. This download is an amazing sequencer and audio synthesizer, and also of MIDI; used by professionals to compose music, to perform live, and with excellent quality results.
Ableton Live’s interface is stable and enables a fluid workflow. Although it is very substantial software, it is intuitive and includes guidance on learning how to handle the tools. It is loaded full of tools and instruments for generating sounds: 390 Drum kits, more than 3000 sounds built in 25 Packs, 4000 MIDI patterns to loops, 3 samplers and 5 Synthesizers. This download offers 34 audio effects and 7 MIDI effects.
It is very flexible; you can plug-in external hardware such MIDI controllers, iOS mobile devices or instruments; VST (Virtual Studio Technology), Audio Units and ReWire. You will be able to combine instruments or chain effects, molding your own virtual rack. Any component of the rack can be customized. Well known within the music production industry, it has been awarded more of forty prizes such as The Sonic Joy Award of ANR or the Gold Award of Top Ten Reviews.
How to use
The main window of Ableton Live offers two views or modes, Session or Arrangement. Session consists of the tracks where the clips are going to be. Arrangement shows a classic sequencer in a timeline, where you will be able to edit and compose. The automation in Session view and Recording mode allows you to concentrate on the sound and on your workflow, not on the interface management. It is ideal for spontaneous composers.
It is loaded of tools and instruments for generating great sounds
The library in the latest version is completely redesigned; it is easy to use because is comprises two zones and all the samples are in one slot: Places and Browser. Places provides access to the external storage. Browser includes the samples and offers a useful searcher that facilitates work. Choose a sample, drag and drop it on the player, and it will activate simple devices.
Ableton Live 9.0.4 Features
These are some of the features of Ableton Live 9:
- Ableton Live’s users share their knowledge and tips online. The official website offers many free video tutorials about the operating features of Ableton Live, and also is given access to a community of users that provides free help in Facebook or Ableton’s forums
- Customize the interface to your workflow. You can perform it in 2 screens, and in this way, the work will be easier
- A Great sequencer. Sequence software and also MIDI hardware (instruments, controllers, etc.)
- Add automation functions in recording clips. Session View automation allows you to save your performance, and to add knob movements or volume changes to your loops
- Record and edit your pieces. It allows multitrack recording and a nondestructive editing, with useful tools such as mapping
- A Powerful synthesizer. It provides multiple synth effects and plug-in but also supports the addition of plug-in and external devices such as hardware and MIDI controllers, ReWire, Audio Unit and VST
- It supports MIDI, FLAC, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, MP3 and AIFF formats
- Batch processing. You will be able to group tracks
To get more information about Ableton Live, check the author’s website .
The minimum system requirements for a correct download and installation are the following:
- Operating System: Windows XP or later
- Processor: Multicore processor
- RAM Memory: 2 GB
- HDD Space: 3 GB of free space