Quick Heal Total Security is a security utility devoted to your protection in both offline and online environments. It performs a deep scan utilizing its many functions, such as antivirus, anti-spam, anti-malware, anti-spyware, anti-rootkit, silent firewall, an Intrusion Detection System and with Intrusion Prevention System technology. Even “In-the-Wild” viruses or potentially unwanted applications (PUAs) will be detected and removed.
It performs a deep scan making the most of its antivirus, anti-spam, anti-malware, anti-spyware, anti-rootkit, silent firewall, IDS and IPS technologies
One of the main problems that security software normally faces is the tendency to devour your computer´s resources. That is why Quick Heal Total Security and its cloud-based technology, improved scan engine and minimal footprint works to offer an up-to-date, secure experience without being heavy on your system. In fact, this effort has been complemented with a Silent Mode, which will suppress prompts across all the program’s modules in order to reduce system load, as well as to provide uninterrupted computer usage, especially when watching movies or playing games.
One of the greatest features of this version of Quick Heal Total Security is the enhancement of the Scan Engine. It will no longer rescan files that have not been modified or altered since the previous scan. This helps to reduce strain on system resources. However, perhaps one of the most appreciated features in this release has been the Parental Control which is now much more complete. It allows you to schedule, control and monitor children´s usage of the Internet and the things they download. You can block any webpage that is unsuitable for them, by creating an exclusion list as well as schedule internet access timings. Similarly, thanks to Web Security, cloud-based technologies will restrict access to malware-infected, phishing and fraudulent websites. The advanced DNAScan works by combining behavioral and characteristic inspection and monitoring of suspicious programs to provide a more accurate and higher rate detection of threats and viruses. Additionally, the USB Drive Protection automatically analyzes external storage devices.
This software also includes a PCTuner. Using this handy feature, you can tune up start-up applications and services or clean up unwanted files and registry entries. In addition, Quick Heal Total Security has a feature for mobiles, called PC2Mobile Scan, aimed at scanning and cleaning smartphones and PDAs directly from your computer.
Quick Heal Total Security 2014 Features
The unique features of are:
- Advanced DNAScan combines both behavioral and characteristic inspection and monitoring of unsafe programs
- Browser Sandbox acts like a screen between threats and viruses to protect your system
- PC2Mobile Scan can analyze smartphones and PDAs directly from the PC
- Ability to import and export program settings across different devices; useful for reinstallations or multiple PC configurations
- Parental Control allows scheduling, controlling and monitoring children’s internet usage
- PCTuner helps to speed up the performance of your computer
- USB Drive Protection tool to scan external storage devices and protect them from autorun infections
- Safe Mode prevents unauthorized users from changing security settings, whilst Data Theft Protection prevents the copying of data through flash drives
- Improved Self-Protection takes care of the computer’s running process and services
- Silent Mode disables alerts and notifications, and keeps the program running in the background
If you want to read more information about this software before you download it, feel free to visit the developer’s site.
The minimum system requirements to correctly download and install this program are listed below:
- Operating System: Windows 2000 Professional (Service Pack 4) or later
- Processor: 300 MHz or faster
- RAM Memory: 512 MB
- HDD: 1.6 GB of free space available