FL Studio, also known by its previous name, Fruity Loops, is editing and sequencer audio software focused on the music production world. Developed in 1998 by Image-Line Software, this download is a comprehensive audio tool with several functions that enable you to create professional sounding music. It offers very advanced systems, and its presentation is impeccable, with a very appealing visual.
FL Studio is a comprehensive tool because it is not only a complete audio editor and manipulator, but also a synthesizer designed to create loops, and songs. You will be able to automate the entire interface to create a workspace best suited to you. It is a wide-ranging package ready for you to start composing, even to execute live performances.
Create music with virtual instruments. This audio studio is full of synthesizers, samplers and sound generators, with the goal of making it free to create original sounds. With regard to recording capabilities, you will be able to record multiple tracks at the same time, depending of your audio inputs. The latest version of FL Studio includes more than 20 changes, including a new interface mode, new functions and plugins.
How to use
This program is organized in to five main work areas: Step Sequencer, Piano Roll, Playlist, Mixer and Piano Browser. Step Sequencer allows you to assemble patterns and short segments of music. Piano Roll is a music storage medium, in matrix form, where you can add notes by pitch and beat. Playlist is the window used to add samples or patterns to create music. The Mixer is the place where recording audio, applying effects and balancing levels takes place. Sample Browser offers quick links to plugins, presets, samples and files.
You will be able to automate the entire interface to create a workspace best suited to you
With FL Studio, you will be able to record loops and music from controllers, drum pads or keyboards. Edit these segments with precision, cleaning up any noises and changing parameters such as the pitch, harmonization, audio warping, beat detection and time stretching. Mix pieces and sequence music with patterns. Regarding automation, FL Studio allows you to automate some functions such as recording, multipoint, data or HD video effects.
FL Studio can be hosted in some Digital Audio Workstations (DAW), as a Virtual Studio Technology (VST) or connected via ReWire. To live performances, you can optimize Performance Mode using a touch screen, a MIDI controller, a typing keyboard or even a mouse. It includes multi-touch functions, 199 playlist tracks and the improvement of controller conflicts with new feature that memorize the MIDI input.
FL Studio 11.1 Features
Below you can find the main features of FL Studio 11:
- Piano Roll and Step Sequencer are the two tools through which this program has become extremely popular. The sequencer works based on Patterns and Tracks, even simultaneously
- The Patcher is one of the most revolutionary features of this download, and it is a combiner or linker with which the user can create chains plugins in an animated, graphic and tactile map, or to save combinations of effects
- VFX Key Mapper and VFX Color Mapper allows creative note inputs and to visualize the notes in MIDI channels
- Synthesizers. It offers more than thirty synthesizers including the new Groove Machine Synth (GMS) and Effector, to create multi-timbral and dynamic changes. BassDrum is ideal to customize your percussion sounds
- Mixing, adding effects and mastering. FL Studio offers more than forty effects. Add up to eight effects to each track, mix them with accuracy, chain effects, route each track to any output of your interface
- Supporting common plugin effect’s standards. Mix with the application or plugins you want, be it a ReWire, Buzz, VST or DX
- Updates. This download updates automatically as a free service to users
For more information, visit the creator’s website .
The minimum system requirements of your computer for a proper downloading and operation of FL Studio are the following:
- Operating System: Windows XP, Service Pack 3 (32Bit and 64Bit) or higher
- Processor: Intel Pentium IV with 2GHz or AMD equivalent
- RAM Memory: 1 GB
- Sound Card: compatible with ASIO/ASIO2, with DirectSound drivers
- HDD Space: 1 GB of free space